When it comes to eating summer is one of my favorite seasons. I am a fruit and vegetable person so summer signifies the Farmers Market Season. I sometimes tend to over buy and tonight was one of those nights I needed to use the veggies in my refrigerator. This is a great meal and could very easily be adapted to the grill. If you do cook inside it is an almost one skillet meal.
FARMERS MARKET CHICKEN
Recipe as written yields 3 servings.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 red onion diced
Fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
9 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 medium zucchini chopped
1 green pepper chopped
2 medium tomatoes chopped
1 bunch asparagus chopped
1 cup brown rice (uncooked)
1. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat
2. Add red onion and sauté until tender (2-3 minutes)
3. Add chicken breast rosemary, thyme and oregano and saute for 3 minutes
4. Add asparagus saute for 3 minutes
5. Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth
6. Add tomato, zucchini and peppers
7. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Cook brown rice while chicken and vegetables are cooking.
9. Place 1/2 cup rice on dish and put 3 oz. chicken and vegetables on top. Serve immediately
You can use rice, pasta or quinoa. It is a quick meal and only 280 calories per serving.