I was looking for something to make with zucchini and found this great recipe for zucchini boats. It is very easy but delicious. Adapted from a recipe I found on Taste of Home.
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 3/4 pound ground beef, ground turkey or if vegan you could use ground crumbles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Trim the ends off zucchini. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving 1/2-in. shells. Finely chop pulp in food processor of blender
- In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion, mushrooms and peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon meat mixture into the zucchini shells. Cover with sauce Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Take out of oven and put on shredded cheese, bake for 3-5 minutes. Take out of oven and serve. Yield: 4 servings.