When the colder fall weather begins I always start making soups, chili and casseroles. The Baked Pasta with Chicken is a great way to use leftovers. I still have some zucchini that I have not frozen and thought this would add to the recipe.
- 1 pound of chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken breast)
- 2 jars of spaghetti sauce (I have homemade sauce which I freeze for use during the year)
- 1 12 oz box of pasta
- 1 medium zucchini cubed
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Cook 1 pound of chicken and cook it. Cut chicken into bite size pieces
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain
3. While cooking the pasta cube the zucchini and steam it
4. Spray a 3 quart casserole then put a thin layer of sauce in bottom of casserole
5. Add 1/2 pound of chicken and 1/2 of cubed zucchini
6. Add 1/2 cooked pasta then cover with sauce and 1/2 cup cheese
7. Repeat with another layer consisting of remainder of chicken, zucchini, pasta sauce and cheese
8 Place casserole on middle oven rack and cook for 25 minutes at 375. Cooking times will vary
9. Remove from oven and top with freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese.