If you want a meal that looks gourmet and low in calories then this is the meal for you. The recipe was taken from one found in Clean Eating Magazine. Can put it on in the morning and finish it after you arrive home from work, errands or children’s activities.
6 boneless chicken breast (each breast approx 4-5 oz)
8 small red potatoes cleaned and quartered
Red bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic minced
3 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
2 tbsp corn starch
salt and pepper to taste
1.Season chicken with salt and pepper.
2.Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Place garlic in skillet
3.Place chicken in skillet and cook for about 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned
4. While chicken is cooking, spread potatoes on bottom of slow cooker. Place peppers on top of potatoes
5. Place chicken on top of potatoes and peppers.
6. Add 3 cups chicken broth into slow cooker. Cook and cover on low for 6-7 hours.
7. After 6-7 hours, remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside
8. Remove about 1/4 cup of broth and put in a small bowl. Add lemon juice, yogurt and cornstarch and whisk until smooth.
9. Stir yogurt mixture back into slow cooker and place chicken breast back into slow cooker.
10. Turn slow cooker to high and cook for 30 minutes.
11. Place on chicken and potatoes on plate. Add side vegetables and serve.