We had a tradition on Thanksgiving that we always went around the table and told one thing we were thankful for in our lives. The past few years we have gotten away from that tradition. Since I am holding Thanksgiving dinner at my house I think that we are going to rekindle that tradition.
Prior to sharing at the Thanksgiving Table I would now like to tell you what I am thankful for this year.
I am thankful for:
- My children and their spouses. They are wonderful people and are always there to help love and support me. I am also thankful they live close by so I can enjoy their company often
- My Granddaughter. She is the light of my life and can turn any frown into a smile.
- My Family. I am thankful for my cousins for their love and support. I am thankful to all my Arizona cousins that I have become reacquainted with this year both through blogging and Facebook.
- My friends both near and far. We may not always talk or get together as often as we should but I know I can always count on you.
- The people who read this blog. If you drop by frequently or occasionally know I appreciate your support.
- My profession. I have a colleague who always greets new Nurse Practitioners with the comment, ” Welcome to the world’s great profession”. I feel the same way. I love what I do every day.
- My dog Kibbles. She gives me her loyalty and company. For the past few days I have been under the weather. She was by my side day and night.
- My health. I am lucky as I do have a few aches and pains but overall am very blessed with great health
These are but a few thinks on my thankful list.
I have a special request. I have a friend and blogger, Burghbaby, who is doing the Fifth Annual Christmas Crazy. This special lady collects, shops, wraps and delivers gifts to kids in domestic violence shelters. You can read about it here and here. If you can find an extra dollar or two to help these kids have a great Christmas. Thanks
What a beautiful Thanksgiving tradition Kathy. Along with being thankful for my family and friends and many, many, other things… I’m thankful we reconnected and are getting to know each other better through our blogs. Great post. Enjoy a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!