It is only in the 30’s here today. I am told that it will stay this way until Thursday so I decided that I needed something warm to take for lunch and dinner. I decided it was White Chicken Chili weather. I haven’t made it this winter. This recipe is based on one found at Mel’s Kitchen Cafe and you can find the original recipe here.
White Chicken Chili
1 pound of boneless chicken tenders
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces) Great Northern Beans rinsed and drained
2 1/2 cups of fat-free chicken broth
1 can chopped green chilies ( use less if you do not like your chili with heat)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
1/4 cup whipping cream
1. Place the chicken tenders in the slow cooker.
2. Add the onion, garlic beans and green chilies as well as the spices. Stir the ingredients
3. Cook on high for 3 hours (or low for 5-7 hours).
4. Remove the chicken and shred or cut into bite size pieces-I found it shredded easily.Stir back into crock pot after shredding. Turn slow cooker to low.
5. Mix the Greek yogurt and whipping cream together. Add this into the slow cooker and fold in chili. Allow the chili to heat through .
The chili is now ready to serve. Enjoy