Gratitude List #7

It is hard to believe another week has come and gone. This week was not as busy with outside activities but more with home front issues such as organizing, spring cleaning and photography. Had a townhouse association meeting this week and was voted to the Board of Directors and am looking forward to the challenge

I am definitely grateful for many things this week. I again have decided to participate in the Gratitude List Link-Up. I think Sunday is the perfect day to stop and reflect upon gratitude

My Gratitude List (in no particular order)

• For the opportunity to assist in making my community a great place to live. We have some great ideas including a community clean-up day and getting to know the people in your community.
  • For the sunshine and warmer weather. It snowed this morning but only a dusting and in the grassy areas. The 50+ degree temperature are becoming more prominent.
  • The time to practice my photography skills. It is enjoyable to set up my tripod and shoot pictures from my deck and front yard.
  • Spending time with my granddaughter. We went to see the Muppet Movie yesterday. She enjoyed the movie and so did I.
  • Thrilled to win another gift card from Trader Joe’s. Who knew bringing your own bags could pay off in more ways than one.
  • The many people I encounter during my workweek. Their smiles and stories help to make the day better
  • The fact the hip pain was just tendonitis not a return of my hip problem. I took a few extra rest days, iced and foam rolled. The hip is as good as new
  • Excited for return of baseball. It is one of my favorite sports and I do have some tickets to go see the Pirates. Hope it will be another fun year at the ball park
  • Happy our area has environmentally become an area that attracts new wildlife, specifically the Bald Eagle. The nest is not far from where I work and once the weather is nice I plan to take my camera to get some pictures. The Game Commission has blocked off the area close to the nest but you can still get some great pictures.
  • For my new and old blog readers-the continued support and comments are appreciated

What are you grateful for this week?

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Gratitude List #7

1. Great post! We forget sometimes to just stop and be thankful! I was just talking about this with my husband last night. We had a great evening, my brother came and got my mom for the night and it was just the two of us. I said, “How many times in your life can you look around and say ‘I am happy and content with my life”? Usually not very often, most of the time we are not grateful enough for the blessings we have in our life. Thanks for reminding me!

• katsbynp says:

It was Laurel from alphabetsalad.com who first made me think pause and actually write the gratitude list. You are correct in that we do not always see our blessings. Thanks for stopping by and your comments

2. Trader Joe’s is the best!! I wish we had one closer to me. And love that you live in a real community.

• katsbynp says:

For many years we only had one Trader Joe’s on the other side of the city and it was a planned trip to go there. Last year they opened one up near me and I shop there often and agree it is the best. The other board members and I are interested in making the community better and are open to new ideas. Thanks for your comments

3. Laurel Regan says:

I REALLY wish we had Trader Joe’s in Canada – I keep hearing great stuff about that place!

4. tani says:

I live in an area of South Carolina where–well I’m grateful that fat is no longer always the fourth food group. Whenever I go to NY or Atlanta I spend my time salivating in Trader Joe’s, Aldi’s and Whole Foods

I love gratitude lists–usually do one for the month before Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the truly nice comment. Means a lot and yes I’m grateful.

I’m not spamming–have too many WP’s accounts and can’t seem to be able to change to my blog!

~pia

• katsbynp says:

Lol sometimes I think some people in Pittsburgh still think of it as the 4th food group. Enjoyed reading your posts. Thanks for stopping by and your comments

5. Thank you for continuing to share your weekly gratitude list Kathy. It serves as a reminder to all of us to stop and count our blessings, instead of getting caught up in what can bring us down… When I read your post today, I had to take some time to really think about the many blessings in my life, before I could respond. Because today is a very sad day for my family and I as my very special friend, who I call my frissy (friend who became a sister by choice) lost her beloved father today. She had such a kind and loving relationship with her father, and my heart aches because I know her heart is broken… When she told me of his passing today, I said “you are truly blessed to have had such a beautiful, loving, relationship with your father…he will remain with you always because of the unbreakable bond you shared…Today, I am counting my blessings for the family members, and friends, who love and support me…I can only hope I return that love and support to them. XoXo

• katsbynp says:

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of her father. I will keep her and the family in my prayers. It certainly brings home we need to remember how blessed we are with supportive people in our lives. Thank you for all the continued support you have provided for me.

6. Cathy says:

I was so glad to read your gratitude list and hooray for you! It was all so wonderful. BUT, I’ve been using my own bags for over a year (or more) atTJ’s and haven’t won. How wonderful for you to win! I know it’s $25.00 but I LOVE Trader Joe’s so that’s like winning a lottery. Well, sort of. 🙂

• katsbynp says:

Funny I never win anything so I was excited. It is almost like the lottery. Even though I say I am only going to by what is on my list knowing I have a little extra with the gift card I may get a small treat for me.

7. dltolley says:

Thank you for sharing a bit of yourself today! It makes me stop and think about what I am grateful for… I’m grateful to be able to read this post. And to be able to respond. Thanks again!

8. katsbynp says:

Happy to share. I think we need to remember to be grateful to both the little and big things in our lives.