The assignment for my photography course this week is to bring objects into class so that we can learn to do portrait photography. The most difficult photo for me is to take pictures of the foods I cook. Even for the blog I feel my food looks so much better than my photographs portray. The stipulation for bringing food was make enough to feed the class. My choice was Monster Cookies. These Cookies could also be called Use The Ingredients You Have on Hand Cookies. It is based on a recipe found at Pioneer Woman.
2 Sticks of Salted Butter
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/2 cup of Packed Brown Sugar
2 Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Oatmeal
3/4 cups M&M’s
1 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
2 1/4 cups Rice Krispies
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream butter with white and brown sugars until fluffy.
3. Add one egg at a time beating well after each addition.
4. Add vanilla and beat
5. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to above ingredients and mix until combined
6. Add oatmeal, M&M’s, Chocolate Chips, and Peanut Butter Chips. May add other ingredients as to your taste.
7. Add Rice Crispies at the end and mixed until blended.
8. Use a scoop or a tablespoon to drop balls of dough on the cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
9. Bake at 375 for approximately 12 minutes
10. Remove from cookie sheet and cool place on cooling rack
They were given 2 thumbs up by my son and granddaughter.
I will post the picture I take at class.