America’s fighting men and women sacrifice much to ensure that our great nation stays free. We owe a debt of gratitude to the soldiers that have paid the ultimate price for this cause, as well as for those who are blessed enough to return from the battlefield unscathed.
I found this quote and I think it expresses the essence of Memorial Day
There are also many other things I am grateful for this week
- A great trip to New York City to watch a wonderful and amazing young woman graduate from NYU
- Finding a new way to reach New York frugally Mega Bus! I have ridden it once before but it was less than 100 dollars round trip and as much time as driving.
- Being able to visit the 911 Memorial- such a powerful experience.
- Going to my first baseball game of the season with my cousin. A fun way to start the weekend
- Having a wonderful daughter who was willing to dog sit so I could go to New York
- Being able to see New York City in a new way-not only the tourists highlights but everyday New York as well
- The beautiful weather this weekend
- Knowing there is one more day left to the weekend
- Going and getting new plants to make the “Fairy Garden” livable again.
- Truly finding the “sun will come out tomorrow”
What is on your gratitude list?