America’s fighting men and women sacrifice much to ensure that our great nation stays free. We owe a debt of gratitude to the soldiers that have paid the ultimate price for this cause, as well as for those who are blessed enough to return from the battlefield unscathed.
I found this quote and I think it expresses the essence of Memorial Day
There are also many other things I am grateful for this week
- A great trip to New York City to watch a wonderful and amazing young woman graduate from NYU
- Finding a new way to reach New York frugally Mega Bus! I have ridden it once before but it was less than 100 dollars round trip and as much time as driving.
- Being able to visit the 911 Memorial- such a powerful experience.
- Going to my first baseball game of the season with my cousin. A fun way to start the weekend
- Having a wonderful daughter who was willing to dog sit so I could go to New York
- Being able to see New York City in a new way-not only the tourists highlights but everyday New York as well
- The beautiful weather this weekend
- Knowing there is one more day left to the weekend
- Going and getting new plants to make the “Fairy Garden” livable again.
- Truly finding the “sun will come out tomorrow”
What is on your gratitude list?
I so agree with the beautiful quote above. We all owe service men and women who gave their lives a debt of gratitude and more!!! I am thankful that my husband and I are enjoying a beautiful fun-filled Memorial Day weekend complete with family/friends to share good food, bike riding exercise, and some special quiet time together as well. And that August will be here soon and you will join us for more fun-filled days!!! Great Post.
I also had a wonderful weekend. It was sunny and I was able to get some of my planting done and front yard cleaned. Thanks for your support and comments.
I love New York! Glad you got a chance to visit.
It was fun and it was a nice visit.There is so much to do and try to fit into a 3 day visit.
I’ve always got one big thing to be thankful for, and that is good health. Without it? I got nuthin’.