“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude” -A.A. Milne Winnie-the-Pooh
The time since coming back from vacation hasn’t been all sunshine and rainbows. Real life is never truly that way. Nothing bad or earth-shattering has happened but a case of the Negative Nelly crept its way into my head. This week was busy and I had writers block.
Last night at church I was sitting there when suddenly thoughts of the good things in my life came flooding into my mind. It was like a cloud had been lifted. The smiles were genuine and I saw the smiles returned.
My Gratitude List (in no particular order)
- I am very lucky to work in a job that allows me to interact with many people during my day. There is never a day that goes that I do not gain some wisdom from the patients I see.
- I love my job. I truly enjoy being a nurse practitioner. It is a dream job while having its peaks and valleys I cannot imagine another profession that I would enjoy more.
- Living in an area that is close to the city to enjoy all it has to offer but also near horse farms, llamas and chicken. I can go 3 miles and walk in the park or practice my photography skills there.
- Having a family that is close and supportive. My daughter calls almost daily and my son tonight came over not only to visit but to help me put my incline trainer together and take out my garbage.
- Being fortunate enough to have good health.
- I live in a good neighborhood and have great neighbors on both sides of me. We all help each other.
- Having friends that like to keep active and get together for laughter and fun.
- Again feeling positive and understanding we may not always get what we want but we do have what we need
What is on your gratitude list this week?