I like summer for many reasons and in my top ten are locally grown zucchini. Tonight I needed something quick and tasty. I came up with the cheesy zucchini bake.
8 small zucchini
1 tsp olive oil
2 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
3/4 cup of shredded cheese (I chose Mexican blend)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
2 cups of pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Cut zucchini into medium slices ( I cut the slices in half)
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with the olive oil
- Place the cut zucchini into casserole dish . Add basil and Italian seasoning and stir
- Place 1/4 cup of cheese into casserole and stir.
- Add one cup of pasta sauce and mix all ingredients
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes
- Pull from oven, stir add the 1/2 cup of cheese and pasta sauce
- Bake in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve. This makes 4 servings. Enjoy