I like summer for many reasons and in my top ten are locally grown zucchini. Tonight I needed something quick and tasty. I came up with the cheesy zucchini bake.
8 small zucchini
1 tsp olive oil
2 teaspoon fresh chopped basil
3/4 cup of shredded cheese (I chose Mexican blend)
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
2 cups of pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Cut zucchini into medium slices ( I cut the slices in half)
- Grease the bottom of the casserole dish with the olive oil
- Place the cut zucchini into casserole dish . Add basil and Italian seasoning and stir
- Place 1/4 cup of cheese into casserole and stir.
- Add one cup of pasta sauce and mix all ingredients
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes
- Pull from oven, stir add the 1/2 cup of cheese and pasta sauce
- Bake in oven for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve. This makes 4 servings. Enjoy
I’m intrigued by this recipe Kathy can’t wait to try it out as soon as it cools down enough to turn my oven on!
You will have to let me know how you like it.
Looks delicious. I have a roaster oven on my patio I use in the summer so I will try this now!!! Thanks for sharing. It’s almost August, our fun-filled vacation time is getting closer… Counting the days and can’t wait! 🙂
I hope you like it as much as I did! I am counting the days too !!
Just picked two zucchini from the garden / this looks great! 🙂
Zucchini is my favorite summer veggie. I actually froze some last year so I could use it in soups and casseroles during the winter. I may do the same this year.