“Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and that world”- John Milton
It seems this week has been beset with little detours this week. Instead of dwelling on the negative I was able to see the positive and get through the week with a smile.
My gratitude list (in no particular order)
- My modem finally saw a better day this week. My internet connection this week was fair. I finally was able to get my cable service upgraded including a new modem. The best part was securing a substantial reduction in my cable bill even with the new equipment.
- The area where the pine tree was cut down finally has grass planted. I had a few people tell me it would take a year before I could plant grass due to the acidic soil. I did find a few articles that gave me some ideas. I worked in potting soil with the soil and then planted a grass that was guaranteed to grow in any soil. Time will tell if it works. I have to say it was a great workout.
- Kibbles has been having problems getting up and down the stairs. I took her to the vet and they could find no conclusive diagnosis except for maybe early arthritis. Her vet gave me some medication but also suggested Fish Oil. I decided to try the Fish Oil first and 2 days later she was back to her normal jumping self. Who knew something so simple would do the trick.
- Had a stomach bug yesterday but thankfully feel much better today. Sometimes our bodies tell us rest is as important as exercise.
- Enjoying another girls night out with my daughter. It is great to have a best friend as well as an awesome daughter.
- Counting the days until my Arizona vacation. I get to see my cousins who I haven’t seen in some time. My cousin, Virginia, who also blogs over at Beyond Cinderella has graciously invited me into her home. I cannot wait to see all my family.
- Another weekend of having coffee and this week also breakfast on my deck.
What is on your Gratitude List this week.