“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but live by them.” John F Kennedy
I just made a comment on another gratitude list that this has been a roller coaster of emotions on many fronts this week. In the national and international world, there were so many events causing sadness to all of us. In my personal world I had many positive days which helped get through the week.
My Gratitude List (in no particular order)
- Seeing grass springing up from my planting efforts last weekend. I may need to plant more in the spring but my efforts were not in vain.
- Signed up to run the Lemiuex 6.6 k race in October. I have been making great strides in getting back to distance running and the incline trainer has certainly helped
- Being able to spend another weekend of mornings on the deck. While it was in the 60’s on Saturday, the morning sun on the deck made it a wonderful.
- Spending another weekend with my granddaughter. It was so much fun to play catch, do chalk art on the sidewalk and hear the world from a 4 year old’s perspective.
- Eating my first of the season ripe tomato. Nothing beats the taste of a vine ripened tomato.
- Counting my blessings in having all of my needs met and then some.
What is on your gratitude list this week?