“Never lose the childlike wonder. Show gratitude..Don’t complain; just work harder…Never give up.” – Randy Pausch
This past week was to be the week I traveled to Arizona. Unfortunately some unforeseen circumstances prevented that from happening. While disappointed , the circumstance seems to have a happy ending and I did get to enjoy some time off from work.
The above quote took on a special meaning this week especially the never give up part of the quote. Prayer, faith and trust became a theme as well as a comfort this week.
My gratitude list (in no particular order)
- Good health is something that is on my gratitude list but not only for me but my family.
- Being able to spend time with my family and truly enjoy the time together
- I was able to take my granddaughter to her first baseball game. After the game the kids are able to run the bases. Watching her enjoy the entire experience was a very special day.
(that is her and her aunt – my daughter rounding third base)
- the ability to sit on your deck in the morning and enjoy the sounds of the birds as well as the view of rabbits and deer.
- being able to donate items you no longer need. What is not needed by me may be of great use to others.
- Enjoying the start of fall as well as Steelers football.
What is on your gratitude list this week?