“Never lose the childlike wonder. Show gratitude..Don’t complain; just work harder…Never give up.” – Randy Pausch
This past week was to be the week I traveled to Arizona. Unfortunately some unforeseen circumstances prevented that from happening. While disappointed , the circumstance seems to have a happy ending and I did get to enjoy some time off from work.
The above quote took on a special meaning this week especially the never give up part of the quote. Prayer, faith and trust became a theme as well as a comfort this week.
My gratitude list (in no particular order)
- Good health is something that is on my gratitude list but not only for me but my family.
- Being able to spend time with my family and truly enjoy the time together
- I was able to take my granddaughter to her first baseball game. After the game the kids are able to run the bases. Watching her enjoy the entire experience was a very special day.
(that is her and her aunt – my daughter rounding third base)
- the ability to sit on your deck in the morning and enjoy the sounds of the birds as well as the view of rabbits and deer.
- being able to donate items you no longer need. What is not needed by me may be of great use to others.
- Enjoying the start of fall as well as Steelers football.
What is on your gratitude list this week?
Wonderful list, Kathy. So good to be grateful for even the things that most people take for granted.
I agree. Sometimes it is the little things that mean the most
oh, I love the minor league baseball games for just the reason you give.
It certainly was an enjoyable day
Great list Kathy. Thanks for sharing. Also, whenever your ready to reschedule your Arizona trip you just let me know and we will make it happen…. 🙂
I will definitely let you know and am definitely rescheduling. Thanks for all your support XoXo
I’m sorry your travel plans didn’t work out, but glad that the situation was resolved with a happy ending.
Although I wasn’t able to go it was fortunate I already had scheduled time off. I still enjoyed my days off.
What a sweet picture of your granddaughter, Kathy! Have a great week ahead!
Thank you so much. She is so special. Thanks for your kind comment.