It has been some time since I came here to write anything. The condensed version is that I didn’t feel like I had anything interesting to write. I think I forgot that I do not have to always have the most interesting topic or always on the go to write this blog. I lost focus of why I started to write. I have been thinking about picking up where I left off and decided this was the one post I should begin to again write this blog.
My Gratitude List (in no particular order)
- grateful for the good health of all my family.
- Work is still as busy or busier but I have come to realize I like the hectic schedule as it challenges me to be at my best.
- Going to a conference and finding classmates I had not seen in 5 or more years. It was fun catching up and making plans to get together soon.
- Speaking of the conference, it was great to get my engine restarted, learn many new things but find that nurse practitioners while different have many things in common and are the most supportive people.
- While realizing things may not turn out the way I wanted, God still does answer prayers and gives me what I need ( cue in Garth Brooks Unanswered Prayers)
- While not being the best about healthy eating and exercise, grateful I can hit the restart button tomorrow.
- Planning Thanksgiving Day as all my family and some friends will be coming here. I enjoy cooking and having good conversation and fun.
What is on your gratitude list?
So glad your back writing your blog. I’ve really missed you! Your right, you don’t have to have “breaking news” to write. Sometimes I just write about whatever is on my mind or in my heart on any given day. Other days something in particular happens that I want to document for my daughter, Shantel, to have for her memories because she can’t see so a photo album of our lives would be of no use to her… either way, I find writing very satisfying and relaxing to me. Great Post Kathy. I’m grateful your back writing your blog… Welcome back!
I am glad to be back. I think it is that first post that is the hardest. Thank you for your comments and continued support-it means a lot to me.
So glad you found the time to share such a wonderful gratitude list. From Ann Voskamp’s ONE THOUSAND GIFTS (my meditation this morning: “I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back (Exodus 33:22-23) In the blackest, God is closest, at work, forging His perfect and right will.” I love this image. It gives reason to be thankful when we feel shadowy.
I am happy I found your link on Alphabet Salad this morning.
Thank you for your kind comments and please come back again.
Really glad to see you back again, Kathy, and especially because you started with a gratitude list! Thanks for linking up, and looking forward to seeing more of you. 🙂
I am glad to be back. I really knew I needed to start with the gratitude list. Thanks for your kind comments