It seems like a whirlwind since Thanksgiving. Shopping decorating and trying to fit work in as well. I realized today, as I sat sipping my hot tea, that my gratitude list is so full.
“Gratitude helps you grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all of those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
Gratitude List (in no particular order)
- Sharing Thanksgiving with friends and family-laughter and great conversation filling my home.
- My washer breaking after 18 years may not seem like something to be thankful for but having it break when there are great sales is a good thing. I bought a washer and dryer just due to the fact my dryer was ready to go as well. It will be delivered tomorrow-just in the nick of time. Who new that one person could have so much laundry in 10 days.
- Spending time decorating with my granddaughter. She has her own special Christmas tree and we spent time decorating. She put all her favorite ornaments on the tree then directed Gram where the rest should be placed on the tree.
- Decorating the rest of my house and having the lights and decorations adding the feeling of peace and calm to the house.
- With delivery scheduled tomorrow having to clean the basement forcing me to take a hard look at the things I saved and finding I have and can live without them.
- Gaining an extra day off due to the delivery tomorrow. 3 day weekends are great
- Planning time for a get together with some friends.
- Shopping and enjoying spending time picking out special things for loved ones.
- A wonderful performance review by my boss. It is always nice to be appreciated.
What is on your gratitude list this week?