“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
I do want to continue doing my weekly gratitude list. It is one of my favorite posts to write each week. I think that recapturing the good moments makes me feel positive and thankful.
Gratitude List (in no certain order)
- my eyes are healing well and I was able to have my last appointment on Friday. The doctor said there is no permanent damage but no contacts for 4 more weeks. I can live with that.
- I had 5 days off over Christmas and 4 over New Years. It was nice to have the time off to not only spend with friends and family but also to get items crossed off of my To Do List
- While we have had a few cold days the weather has been very nice. I was able to take my outside Christmas decoration down on Friday without being bundled like Nanook of the North
- Having the ability to have my family here at Christmas. We had a wonderful brunch and conversation.
- Going to brunch with Shannon and catch up on all her news living and working in New York
- Receiving beautiful gifts from my family and friends: jewelry, decorative pillows for my living room, cozy warm slippers, candles, lotions, a lighted snowman, books and gift cards . I am truly blessed.
- Having my new washer and dryer. It was a long process to get them both installed but well worth the wait.
- I enjoyed the holidays but happy the decorations are down and put away until next year.
What is on your gratitude list?
Happy New Year to you! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday season – always nice to have some time off to relax before getting back into the swing of things in January. Here’s to a wonderful 2015!
It is nice to have some time off but I as well as my dog quickly get used to it and that first day back is always the hardest. Thanks for your comments.
Great list Kathy. So glad to hear your eyes are on the mend with no permanent damage. I am thankful that Bill and I had ten days off together during Christmas and New Years. I’m also thankful that Bill and I only had a minor case of the flu because I’ve heard other’s got hit really hard. I’m really thankful that after the cold snap we had here in Arizona (29 degrees at my house for days on end…) our weather is now returning to our delightful 70 plus degree January winter time temps. Yeah!!! Love and hugs. XoXo
Glad to hear you are back to normal temperatures! Wish we could say the same -I would take 30 and above. Thanks for your continued support. XoXo