I found this recipe here at Iowa Girl Eats. I pinned it for use at a later time. Later came today. I came home late tonight and the meal I had planned would just take too long. I had gotten a couple of roasts this weekend so I decided this was a good night to try this recipe. I have to tell you it is fantastic and best of all easy.
2-3 lb roast ( I used a top round roast)
20 cherry tomatoes
fresh or dried rosemary
3 cloves of garlic sliced thin
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Drizzle olive oil in bottom of roasting pan or baking dish
3. Add the 20 cherry tomatoes to pan or dish
4. Place a roasting rack on bottom or pan or dish-I used rolled aluminum foil
5. Trim and remove fat from roast then take a knife and cut into meat. Stuff the slivers of garlic into the garlic into the sliced area
6. Rub outside or roast with olive oil then salt and pepper. Take the fresh rosemary or dried and sprinkle it on top of the roast.
Leftovers, if you have any, can be served on bun with au jus or just cold sandwiches.